Please note: beginning 6/1/22, the RENU Loan Program will be effectively migrated to the Colorado Clean Energy Fund. At that time, please direct all RENU inquiries to email@example.com. Until then, please use the contact information at the bottom of this page.
Why Choose the Colorado RENU Loan?
- Make your home more energy efficient
- Stop wasting energy
- Lower your utility bills
- Make your home more less drafty and more comfortable
- Install a solar energy system
- Replace aging/broken equipment such as an air conditioner, water heater or furnace
- Avoid placing expenses on a high-interest credit card
- Take advantage of an easy loan and project approval process
About the Colorado RENU Loan
- Finance 100% of project costs
- Loans available up to $50,000 and up to 15-year terms (20-year terms for Solar)
- Interest rates start at 2.75% for FICO scores of 740+ and a 3-year term
- Borrowers approved with credit scores as low as 580
- No prepayment penalties
- Nominal loan fees
- No cost re-amortization with a principal payment of $1,000 or more
Property owners of existing, single-family homes in Colorado. Primary, secondary or income properties are eligible as well as townhomes and condos (shared heating or cooling systems are not eligible).
How to Get Started & What to Expect
- Work with a RENU-authorized contractor to identify qualifying energy improvements and a project cost estimate for your home.
- Apply for the RENU loan through Elevations Credit Union, Clean Energy Credit Union, or Westerra Credit Union. (Homeowners may seek pre-approval from Elevations or Clean Energy CU prior to engaging with an authorized contractor.)
- Provide contractor quote and requested loan documentation to the credit union of your choice (verification of income, etc.).
- Receive loan and project approval.
- Schedule work directly with contractor.
- Contractor installs approved measures.
- Notify your lender when work is complete. Your lender will send you the loan closing documents which you can sign electronically or in-person.
- Your contractor will electronically sign an affidavit stating the work is completed. Your lender will pay the contractor directly.
- Start enjoying your home energy improvements and begin repaying the loan directly to the lender.
Questions? Contact Wil Mannes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-866-2418.