The Local Government Community E-Bike Rebate Grant Program will provide funding to local and Tribal governments for the development and implementation of local e-bike rebate programs in their communities. The goals of this program are to:
- Increase access to e-bikes for income-qualified individuals, while maximizing air quality benefits and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reductions
- Represent the geographic diversity of Colorado communities
Rebate program design
Local and Tribal governments have a great deal of flexibility in designing e-bike rebate programs to best suit their own communities. In applying for this grant, applicants should take into account local access to e-bike retailers, populations served, administrative costs, program timing, and staff capacity to run the program. The Colorado Energy Office (CEO) has determined the following specifications for local e-bike rebate programs funded through this grant:
- Rebates can be point-of-sale, where a retailer offers a discount on the e-bike at the time of purchase, or post-sale, where an individual is reimbursed after purchasing an e-bike.
- Rebates must be for low- and moderate-income community residents:
- To meet the income-qualifications for the low-income rebate, household income must be below 80% of the area median income.
- To meet the income-qualifications for the moderate-income rebate, household income must be between 80% - 100% of the area median income.
- Although the Colorado Energy Office (CEO) has defined the income eligibility requirements, grant applicants have flexibility in how to verify and qualify individuals on these income requirements. Applicants may design a rebate program that has one or more incentive levels.
- Rebates may cover both e-bikes and equipment.
- Rebates may not be stacked with the statewide rebate.
- While there is no minimum price threshold, the maximum prices allowed for e-bikes are:
- $5,000 for e-bikes
- $8,500 for e-cargo bikes
- $8,500 for adaptive e-bikes
How to apply
Please submit full applications via email to email@example.com no later than 5:00 PM MT on November 30, 2023.
If you have any issues accessing the RFA documents, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the link to view public responses to the questions received during the Q&A period.
Key activities and dates
|RFA release||October 12, 2023|
|Deadline to submit questions||October 25, 2023, 5:00 PM MT|
|RFA answers posted||October 27, 2023|
|RFA application submission deadline||November 30, 2023, 5:00 PM MT|
|Evaluation of RFA proposals||December 1 - 15, 2023|
|Notification of awards (approximate)||Week of December 18, 2023|