What does Colorado's Weatherization Assistance Program do?
The Colorado Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) helps qualified Coloradans save money, increase comfort, and better their homes and environment through proven, energy conservation solutions.
Unfortunately, Weatherization cannot help with cooling.
What are some of the no-cost energy and utility bill saving services I may receive?
- Energy audits
- Energy conservation education
- Air infiltration sealing
- Insulation in attic, floors, and walls
- Furnace repair or replacement
- LED light bulbs
- High efficiency appliances
- Air source heat pumps
Apply to the Weatherization Assistance Program
For questions about the application, eligibility, or application status, please contact your local weatherization service provider. For technical assistance with the online application, please email email@example.com. If you have any feedback about your experience, please complete the short survey after you submit your application.
You can review a PDF of the Weatherization Assistance Program Application. For an accessible version of the application, please see the online application. You may also request a paper application from your local weatherization service provider.
- Income Eligibility
If you currently receive financial assistance from any of the following programs, you may automatically qualify for weatherization services:
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)1
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
Households may also be eligible if they meet the following income guidelines:
- The Xcel, Black Hills, Atmos, Colorado Natural Gas customer income limit is dependent on 80% Area Median Income.
- Households with 1-7 members are based on 60% of the State Median Income.
- Households with 8 or more members are based on 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- For households with more than 10 people: add $10,280 for each additional person (annually).
For more frequently asked questions, visit the Weatherization Assistance Program FAQs page.
Find your local weatherization service provider
The Colorado Weatherization Assistance Provider works with six vetted local service providers around the state. The local weatherization service provider will help you navigate the application process, perform the energy audit, and install all weatherization measures. Search your address, select your county from the drop-down list, or click your county on the map to find your local weatherization service provider. NOTE: The map may take a moment to load. Click here to view this search tool in its own window.