In June 2021, Governor Polis signed HB1105, which creates a new source of funding to provide assistance to low income electric and gas customers.
Among other things, this bill also modified an existing commission to create the Legislative Commission on Low Income Energy and Water Assistance within the Colorado Energy Office (CEO).
The Commission will launch on May 1, 2022, and will be composed of seven members including:
- A representative of:
- The Department of Human Services;
- and Energy Outreach Colorado;
- Four members appointed by the Governor including:
- A member who has received low-income energy assistance or represents an entity that serves a population eligible for low-income energy assistance;
- A representative of an electric utility or a combined electric and natural gas utility;
- A representative of a natural gas utility or a combined electric and natural gas utility;
- and a representative of a water utility.
The CEO is actively recruiting for the four Governor appointed positions to serve on this Commission. To be considered, please apply here.