The High-efficiency Electric Heating & Appliances Grant is authorized by House Bill 22-1362 24-38.5 to support community efforts to switch to high efficiency electric heat & appliances.
Further program details will be made available on this webpage with program launch expected in early 2023.
For: Public & Private entities
Amount: $10.85 million (total fund)
Program Length: July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2027
RFA rounds: TBD
- Local Governments
- Institutions of Higher Education
- Non-profit Organizations
- Housing Developers
- Electric Heating Appliances
- Electric Vehicles
- "Electric Ready" Infrastructure
Applicants from Disproportionately Impacted (DI), Low-Income (LI), or Just Transition (JT) Communities are eligible for additional cost coverage related to administrative expenses of the project.
Grantees may use money received through the high efficiency electric heat and appliances program for the following purposes:
- the purchase and installation of high-efficiency electric equipment for space heating, water heating, or cooking;
- the purchase of electrical installations and upgrades necessary to support the installation of high-efficiency electric equipment;
- the purchase and installation of other innovative building heating technologies that will likely achieve equal or lower levels of greenhouse gas emissions
Award amounts TBD.
At least 30% of total program award funds will support low-income, disproportionately impacted, or just transition communities.
Applicants who meet program criteria and eligibility will submit applications during open grant cycles.
Cycle deadlines TBD.
Applications will be reviewed and scored by a scoring committee.
Awardees will be notified and the funds will be dispersed.
Details are to be determined.