The eCargo Bike Commercial Delivery Pilot Program will provide funding for the development and implementation of eBike deployment projects in communities across the state, with the goal of:
- Shifting short- and medium-length vehicle trips to eCargo bike trips;
- Maximizing air quality benefits and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reductions;
- Piloting innovative delivery solutions; and
- Representing the geographic diversity of Colorado communities.
Request for Applications
The Community Access Enterprise (CAE), in partnership with Colorado Energy Office (CEO), is soliciting proposals to develop and implement eCargo bike deployment projects that will use eCargo bikes as a replacement for commercial delivery vehicles and/or fleet vehicles. An eCargo bike program eligible to receive grant funding must follow one of the following models:
- Commercial delivery: Businesses using eCargo bikes to make commercial deliveries. Businesses can purchase as few as one eCargo bike for this project. Examples include, but are not limited to: parcel delivery for commercial and residential buildings, grocery delivery, institutional wholesale deliveries, retail logistics delivery, and on demand delivery services.
- Public shared eCargo bikes: Project creates or expands a public shared ebike program that includes eCargo bikes. This could include public eCargo bike rental hubs or an eCargo bike library.
- Gig economy delivery services: Project disburses eCargo bikes to low-income individuals that participate in the gig economy, where eCargo bikes are used to make deliveries through a delivery app service (e.g. Door Dash, Postmates, Instacart, etc).
- eCargo bike fleet: Private or public entities using eCargo bikes for business purposes other than deliveries, such as to carry equipment and tools needed to complete job tasks. Examples include, but are not limited to: law enforcement patrol, maintenance technicians, telecom engineers, and compost collection.
CEO accepted questions about this RFA May 16 - May 26.
|RFA Release||May 16, 2023|
|Deadline to submit RFA questions||May 26, 2023|
|RFA answers posted on CEO's website||May 31, 2023|
|RFA application submission deadline||June 20, 2023|
|Evaluation of RFA applications||June 21 - July 5, 2023|
|Notification of winners (approximate)||July 12, 2023|
Request for Applications Documents
- eCargo Bike Commercial Delivery Pilot
- Attachment 1: Application Summary Sheet
- Attachment 2: eCargo Bike Grant Application Form
- Attachment 3: State of Colorado Small Dollar Grant Awards Terms and Conditions
- Attachment 4: Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification