Please note: In order to help RENU scale and increase its ease-of-use, the program is currently being migrated from the Colorado Energy Office (CEO) to the state’s new green bank, the Colorado Clean Energy Fund (CCEF). The migration will become effective June 1st, at which point all program management responsibilities will be handled by CCEF. This migration will not change the core aspects of RENU, including lending partners, interest rates, processes, etc.
Beginning May 9th, all contractors looking to become authorized in RENU should direct their communication to CCEF at the new program email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. CCEF will then be available to guide contractors through the authorization process with CCEF, which will essentially remain the same as with the CEO.
Both the CEO and CCEF anticipate slight delays to the authorization process during this time, so we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as RENU undergoes a significant change in program sponsorship and management.
Want to give your business an edge?
Become an authorized contractor in our network and offer the Colorado RENU Loan to your customers.
Benefits of Joining Our RENU-Authorized Network
- Sell larger, more comprehensive home energy performance projects
- Reach new customers
- Have your name and company listed on our website
- Gain Colorado Energy Office-led advertising and marketing of the RENU Loan
- Be affiliated with a trustworthy, State-sponsored energy loan program
- No cost to participate
- No contractor fees
Contractor Participation Requirements
- Professional license to perform relevant work
- Commercial general liability insurance coverage ($600,000 per occurrence) with Colorado Energy Office listed as an additional insured
- Legally required workers’ compensation insurance
- Good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State
- Listing with Better Business Bureau (do not need to seek BBB accreditation)
- Compliance all applicable laws
Steps to Join Our RENU-Authorized Network
- Complete and sign the CEO RENU Loan Contractor Application.
- Submit the signed application to email@example.com along with proof of insurance and required licenses and certifications. View the Contractor Application Checklist to ensure your application is complete.
- Attend a 1-hour contractor training session. For information about upcoming trainings or to schedule an online training, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Colorado Energy Office program manager will review your application, verify your information, and notify you when your application is approved.
See RENU Loan Contractor Resources for more information.
Questions? Contact Wil Mannes at email@example.com.